[Lazarus] Please define "delphi compatibility"

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 19:25:49 CEST 2012

On 10-10-2012 18:56, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:

> Am 2012-10-10 18:42, schrieb Reinier Olislagers:
>>> You can't mean this seriously.
>>> Are you saying that no changes have ever been rejected?
>> Are you serious yourself?
>>

> Yes.
> The question was: What is the intention of the developers regarding
> Delphi compatibility?
Perhaps there is no intention. Probably, every developer has their own
threshold/desired level of Delphi compatibility

> This has not been answered IMO.
> And saying that any direction would be accepted is not correct.
Why?

> So the question still holds: What changes would be accepted and which
> would be rejected?
Depends on who accepts them.

> The people who judge about changes are the persons who define the
> direction (unless someone forks another project).
Yes.

I don't necessarily agree with the way things are going right now but it
seems an oligarchic group of more or less benevolent dictators are in
charge.

Unless somebody comes up with a better idea regarding how to manage
this, there will be endless discussions but no change.
This means you have to make them an offer you can't refuse.... or can't
be seen to refuse.