[Lazarus] Please define "delphi compatibility"

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Wed Oct 10 23:32:07 CEST 2012

On 10/10/2012 13:32, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:

> Am 2012-10-10 19:11, schrieb Florian Klämpfl:
>>> So the question still holds: What changes would be accepted and which
>>> would be rejected?
>> Does it matter for you? What are you working on?
>>
> The answer is important not only for contributors.
> I am often doubting whether it is worth to stay with Pascal.
> If it is an dead end I would not want to waste any more time on it.

the language is not and never has been a "dead end"... while some may think so,
and we all know that old mantra of "pascal is a teaching language" and its
associated "reasonings" for not using it outside of educational facilities, we
also know that this statement and its reasonings are patently false... one can
easily witness all of the pascal apps and tools written over the years to see
this ;)