[Lazarus] Problems with Win8 x64

Vincent Snijders vincent.snijders at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 14:31:55 CET 2012

2012/10/29 Andrew Brunner <atbrunner at aurawin.com>:
> Another problem is that when I go to install Lazarus in my Program Files
> Folder I get
> "Selected folder contains spaces, please select a folder without spaces in
> it."
>
> This IMO is totally unacceptable.  Some people aren't going appreciate that.
> But having A Lazarus install outside Program Files is highly irregular.
>
> What was the cause for this decision?

In the past some third part tools didn't work corectly with paths with
space. To prevent trouble, Lazarus refuses to install in Program
Files. (A highly irregular install is preferable over an install, that
results in a Lazarus that doesn't work)

Nobody bothered to check if there are still problems.

Vincent