[Lazarus] Debugging shared libraries

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Sep 19 13:55:10 CEST 2012

On 19/09/2012 13:07, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> On Linux, if loading a library (written using Lazarus) using DynLibs,
> I've not managed to get further in than the variable containing a
> pointer to the entry point. I could be missing something, but I don't
> think that Lazarus+gdb has a way of pulling in the symbolic info from
> the .so binary.

According to gdb docs, gdb should. in fact the command for gdb to
disable it (even on win) refers to "so"  set auto-solib-add mode  (the
IDE does NOT do that)

THough there are commands to add so files by hand to. Not yet done by
the ide

on win gdb does load some info from dll (I saw crashes because of it).
but that is dll that are loaded autmatically.

Itmay not work, if you load the dll in your code with openlibrary