[Lazarus] What is {%H-}?

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 10:43:47 CEST 2013

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 7:32 PM, Mattias Gaertner
<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

> This is independent of the IDE directive {%H-}. It only works on the file
> position given by the compiler.
>
> Newer compilers might warn at different places within an expression, so
> sometimes you have to add two {%H-}.

I seriously dislike this solution, especially for the most frequent
case of unused parameters --
not only it is a hack, it also does not work while compiling from command line.
I would much prefer either {$UNUSED var} compiler directive, or, failing that,
Unused(var) library call -- similar to what is done in TAChart.

--
Alexander S. Klenin