[Lazarus] Hints for Android

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Fri Apr 12 10:51:06 CEST 2013

On 2013-04-11 20:06, Sven Barth wrote:

> It's Eclipse... that is enough reason for me to avoid it...

You should take a look at IntelliJ IDEA - simply the best IDE I have
seen. The "codetools" features are unbelievable. Fantastic refactoring
support, excellent repository integration and loads of user customizable
option. If even has multiple language syntax highlighting and code
completion in the same source file. eg: Thing JavaScript code block
inside a Java or HTML source file.

>> Did someone make a different experience?

>From the examples I have seen, and wiki pages I have read... the code
doesn't really seem very pascal like. I think I'll rather just use pure
Java instead. It's time I make my life easier for a change - instead of
always taking the route less travelled.

I downloaded the ADT Bundle from Google last time. One archive that you
unzip, and everything is already setup. Just double click the eclipse
icon and I was ready to go. Can't get easier than that!

I was quite impressed with the bit I have seen last night of Eclipse. I
haven't run Eclipse in many years. It seemed rather fast too. Not sure
if that was due to SWT, latest Java Runtime, or my current system.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/