[Lazarus] Hints for Android

dev.dliw at gmail.com dev.dliw at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 13:03:27 CEST 2013

Hi,
> It's Eclipse... that is enough reason for me to avoid it...
Hm, it's not that bad - but you love Lazarus more afterwards :)

> Also at least the outer cast shouldn't be necessary in my opinion. I don't
know about the inner one...
The expression was inside an AWTextView.setText(), I assume I got an error
without, but I don't exactly know it any more...

> > Is it possible to mix Pascal and Java?
> AFAIK yes. You just need to careful if you have units that contain
> initalization/finalization sections. These are implemented as static
> constructors/destructors of a class with the unit name as class name and
> you need to access that class if you want the
> initialization/finalization section to be run.
Thanks...

> Btw: if you have specific questions about why certain things don't work
> or to ask whether certain things could be made working you should post
> in the fpc-devel/fpc-pascal list, because Jonas (who has implemented the
> jvm target) is there.
Right, thats true...

> [..] also those with an additional NEON FPU (FPC doesn't support that
currently, but it would be a nice addition)
definitely +1, together with simd intrinsics (or something equivalent)... :)

Am Freitag, 12. April 2013, 09:51:06 schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
>I think I'll rather just use pure Java instead. It's time I make my life
easier for a change
For a "normal" app thats my attitude, too.
Altough I really would like to try what FPC + NDK is capable of - sometime
later :)

Regards,
d.l.i.w