[Lazarus] RAD Studio XE4 Released?

vfclists . vfclists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 11:34:13 CEST 2013

On 24 April 2013 09:52, Adrian Veith <adrian at veith-system.de> wrote:

> - different compilers for the supported targets - the new ARC is only
> available for ARM iOS. How can they sell this ... as a cross-platform
> solution ?
> - do we have September again ? Now they are going to sell you beta
> software in a half year cycle (instead of yearly as they used to do in the
> past). Soon they will decide to switch to a quarterly cycle.
>
> Adrian.
> Am 24.04.2013 10:14, schrieb Michael Schnell:
>
>  Seemingly no support for Linux, Android.
>>
>> -> http://www.embarcadero.com/**products/rad-studio<http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio>
>>
>> -Michael
>>
>> --
>>

> --

Why don't they give make it a 120 or 180 day evaluation with bug fixes
included? It takes time to evaluate a product as well as develop a good
product in it, something you may be doing in your spare time. If after
using that long it turns out to be good enough the purchasing decision is
simple. They seem to forget that the cost in time of evaluating a product
is way higher than the cost of the product itself.

--
Frank Church