[Lazarus] Congrats on the new project options screen

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 21:48:59 CEST 2013

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 10:10 PM, waldo kitty <wkitty42 at windstream.net> wrote:
> can we get a "please stand by while loading options list" window that pops
> up to let us know that something is, indeed, happening?

How long it takes to load the options with your computer?
What kind of CPU (type and speed) does it have?
Hard-drive speed matters, too, because fpc executable is read from it.
Windows may also be slower in starting processes than Linux which I mostly use.

I have tested with a mini-laptop with Intel Atom CPU and loading the
options was really fast. The delay was barely noticeable and the
cursor indicated something was happening.
Maybe I should get some really old machine to test with.

This problem can be solved also by loading the options in a background thread.

Juha