[Lazarus] GDB problems (--exec-run)

Torsten Bonde Christiansen tc at epidata.info
Wed Dec 18 11:41:41 CET 2013

Hi List.

For some time now I am having problems getting GDB to work correctly
with Lazarus.

Sometime, but not always, i run into the following message after I
terminate a program
that I have debugged from within Lazarus:

The GDB command:
"-exec-run"
returned the error:
",msg="During startup program exited normally.""

The program runs fine but all debugging seems not to function
(breakpoints, etc.) when this
happens.

The most annoying thing is that this does not happen all the time but
only periodically, and
i cannot seem to find a consistent way to repoduce this. But in order to
get debugging working
again i most restart Lazarus...

Any help is appreciated.

My setup:
Lazarus 1.3 r43552 FPC 2.6.2 x86_64-linux-gtk 2
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.5.1

Kind regards,
Torsten.