[Lazarus] Debbugger got permanently stuck

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Dec 18 16:10:59 CET 2013

On 18/12/2013 14:45, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It just happened suddenly to me. In one moment I was happy debugging
> my project and in the next one every time I place a breakpoint I get
> this fatal error:
>
> http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/523/u1ts.png
>
> And after that the program is in some kind of zombie state and can
> only be killed by closing Lazarus.

GDB version? OS?
Instead of closing the IDE, did you try "reset debugger" from "run" menu?

This can happen for various reasons. It depends on if the brk-nummer is
positive (regular breakpoint) or negative (gdb internal for stepping).
In this case: positive

1) smart linking. Open the breakpoint window (from menu / view / debug)
and clear the breakpoint, that is not in code.

2) If right when starting the app. (Please provide a log)
  Change the value for "InternalStartBreak" (in the property grid of the
options menu: tools/option/debugger)

3) Not sure, only seen with negative number yet, and only on windows,
and only with gdb >= 7.3: GDB tries to access a thread that just
terminated (e.g. after a open/save dialog, which uses threads on win).
No solution known.