[Lazarus] Creating methods using rtti-info

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Sat Feb 2 12:33:52 CET 2013

Hi all,

I'm writing my own method propertyeditor. And I want it to create the source for a new method. Only problem is that it should use the RTTI-information to obtain the method's parameters.

Now if I look at TMainIDE.OnPropHookCreateMethod, it does exactly what I want except that CodeToolBoss.CreatePublishedMethod is called with the UseTypeInfoForParameters parameter set to false. In my case it has to be true. ;)

Now I could try to write my own method which does the same thing, but then I'll need several things which are defined in the ide-package, which I can not use. Especially the FormEditor1.CreateNewJITMethod is necessary, or else it is not possible to return a create JITMethod for the new event.

Any ideas how to proceed?

Joost.