[Lazarus] IDE window positions

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sat Feb 2 12:53:15 CET 2013

Ludo Brands schrieb:
> Tired of re-positioning IDE windows after lazarus start-up I have
> defined custom positions for the main IDE windows. Now, when I start up
> the computer and start lazarus, the windows are all messed up. I close
> lazarus, restart lazarus and some of the windows are in the correct
> position, restart lazarus again and all windows are as defined!!
> Sometimes a 4th restart is needed. I can restart lazarus as many times
> as needed thereafter and the windows will be positioned fine, until the
> next reboot.

You can try the EasyDockMgr, which stores the form positions
independently from the IDE. There is no guarantee, though, that the
forms are reopened at their stored position, when some IDE code decides
to place them somewhere else. But the observed results can help to spot
eventual bugs in the IDE code.

DoDi