[Lazarus] Upgrading a project

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Feb 8 15:57:33 CET 2013

Koenraad Lelong wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a project that builds fine with Lazarus 0.9.30.4. When I open it
> in Lazarus 1.0.4 I lose a TNotebook, and my project is "destroyed".
> Is there a way to upgrade my project so I can compile it in newer
> versions of Lazarus ?
> Are there any "best practices" to avoid such misfortunes in the future ?

I believe we're supposed to switch to TPageControl in- at the latest-
0.9.30. I find I've still got some references to TCustomNotebook that
I've got to expunge.

I'm not sure how aggressively Lazarus reported deprecated classes.
Admitting sloppy practice, I'm starting to have a war on warnings etc.
emitted by my code at least by inserting {%H-} tags in strategic places.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk