[Lazarus] FPC, Lazarus and 3rd libs

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Feb 28 18:59:58 CET 2013

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 14:27:37 -0300
Marcos Douglas <md at delfire.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know what the best way to work with FPC, Lazarus and
> 3rd libs. I will try explain myself:
>
> Today I have three FPC versions (2.6.0, 2.6.3 and 2.8.1) and two
> Lazarus versions (1.0.1 and 1.1 (trunk))
> The FPC trunk is only for test, so doesn't count.
> Both Lazarus were compiled using FPC 2.6.3 and everything works.
> I have many 3rd libs (components) and they are compiled using FPC 2.6.3 too.
>
> My "problem" is:
> 1- I want to have a stable Lazarus (1.0), compiled with FPC 2.6.2 and
> stable Libs too (compiled with the same FPC version, ie. 2.6.2);
> 2- I want to have a Lazarus trunk, compiled with FPC 2.6.3 and Libs
> too compiled compiled with the same FPC version;
> 3- I wont to change the libs package sources;
>
> How can I have libs, compiled with different FPC version, but without
> change the output sources of libs and without have more than one copy
> of them?

The second Lazarus must be started with another primary config path
(command line parameter --pcp).
The second can use another compiler.
Compiling a project will automatically rebuild the packages.

You can change the output directory of the third party package to use
the $(FPCVer) macro. For example
"lib/$(FPCVer)/$(TargetCPU)-$($TargetOS)".

Mattias