[Lazarus] FPC, Lazarus and 3rd libs

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Thu Feb 28 19:31:20 CET 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 2:59 PM, Mattias Gaertner
<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 14:27:37 -0300
> Marcos Douglas <md at delfire.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to know what the best way to work with FPC, Lazarus and
>> 3rd libs. I will try explain myself:
>>
>> Today I have three FPC versions (2.6.0, 2.6.3 and 2.8.1) and two
>> Lazarus versions (1.0.1 and 1.1 (trunk))
>> The FPC trunk is only for test, so doesn't count.
>> Both Lazarus were compiled using FPC 2.6.3 and everything works.
>> I have many 3rd libs (components) and they are compiled using FPC 2.6.3 too.
>>
>> My "problem" is:
>> 1- I want to have a stable Lazarus (1.0), compiled with FPC 2.6.2 and
>> stable Libs too (compiled with the same FPC version, ie. 2.6.2);
>> 2- I want to have a Lazarus trunk, compiled with FPC 2.6.3 and Libs
>> too compiled compiled with the same FPC version;
>> 3- I wont to change the libs package sources;
>>
>> How can I have libs, compiled with different FPC version, but without
>> change the output sources of libs and without have more than one copy
>> of them?
>
> The second Lazarus must be started with another primary config path
> (command line parameter --pcp).

I already use the --pcp parameter to pass different configurations
(packages, environment, etc).

> The second can use another compiler.
> Compiling a project will automatically rebuild the packages.

Yep. Well, I thought there was a way to not recompile the libs to
compile more faster, but Ok.

> You can change the output directory of the third party package to use
> the $(FPCVer) macro. For example
> "lib/$(FPCVer)/$(TargetCPU)-$($TargetOS)".

Yep, but for this I need to change lib's sources. I won't to not
missing the updates, but thanks anyway.

Regards,
Marcos Douglas