[Lazarus] Angstrom Package

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Jul 5 11:39:15 CEST 2013

Michael Schnell wrote:
> A friend of mine did rather easily get Lazarus Running on a BeagleBone
> Black device after he installed Debian Linux on the board and then
> simply installed the appropriate Lazarus Debian packages.
>
> Now from the distributors, the BBB come with Angstrom Linux
> preinstalled. The package management of same is by far not as easy to
> use as the Debian apt-get stuff (my friend says).
>
> Now my question is whether an Angstrom package for Lazarus does exist,
> and if not, if anybody plans to create it ( hint, hint... :-) ).

An alternative question is whether a better approach would be a
foolproof build-from-source mechanism, suitable for any platform with
standard  make  etc.

At that point the focus could be on binary packages for FPC, plus a
minimal stub for Lazarus to pull in prerequisite libraries.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk