[Lazarus] FirePOS (was: PDF in a Form)

Malcolm Poole malcolm at lingua-z.co.uk
Sat Jul 13 22:59:39 CEST 2013

Hi Koenraad,

On 13/07/13 16:51, Koenraad Lelong wrote:
> Since I'm thinking about writing a POS system myself I downloaded
> firepos and I tried to compile it. But I'm having dependency problems,
> fpgui related. I have a development system (odroid arm-linux) that has
> lazarus 1.1 and fpc 2.7.1 (both some svn downloads). I also have fpgui 1.0.

You'll notice there are no release packages :)  This is mainly because I
haven't got around to trying to set up the applications on a bare system
to work out what is missing and what an installer or install script
needs to provide. I think you'll probably need some sample data, as I
think some of the SQL queries will fail if they find empty tables. Just
warning you that this could be a bit frustrating ;)

Anyway, I suspect that I know what the fpgui problems are. I have
modified a few units to provide a little functionality that Graeme
appeared to have started on but not completed, and also enable me to
have a TPanel with a Borderstyle of bsNone - offhand I can't remember
why I needed this but details of all changes (I hope) and all modified
units are in the fpgui subdirectory of trunk. They are from fpgui-0.8: I
have not yet had time to try fpgui-1.0 and see if they clash with any
changes.

If you use fpgui 0.8 and overwrite the modified units with the ones from
the FirePos repo I think it will probably compile, although you may need
to add a few paths in Project->Options. Only the Sales Terminal module
uses fpgui - the others use the LCL. You will need LNetbase for all modules.

It has been developed using Lazarus 1.0 and FPC 2.6.0

I hope you find it useful.

Malcolm