[Lazarus] Lazarus, Jedi etc.

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Jul 15 11:29:37 CEST 2013

Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 07/13/2013 04:01 PM, Marco van de Voort wrote:
>> - VST is in Lazarus-CCR, but an older v4 version. VST porting is
>> hindered by not accepting changes (like a sane IFDEF system) upstream,
>> which makes every port an one off change.
>
> As I am interested in this and did some discussions in musical software
> mailing lists:
>
> Are there licensing problems regarding doing / publishing VST enabled
> software done with Lazarus / FPC ?
>
> What about ASIO ?
>
> (AFAIK, both VST and ASIO use a propriety License by Steinberg that is
> rather incompatible to open source stuff).

I think he meant either VirtualStringTree or was using the wrong acronym
for VirtualTreeView.

There's obviously plenty of other things scattered around CCR and
individual web/FTP servers, but in many cases they're Lazarus projects
which also work with Delphi rather than Delphi projects which are known
to be robust with FPC/Lazarus (which was basically the OP's question
that I was relaying).

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk