[Lazarus] Can not install a package

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Jul 30 16:19:19 CEST 2013

On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 06:50:25 -0700 (PDT)
Haruyuki Fujimaki <hryk_fujimaki at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install a package to 1.0.10 on Linux Mint 15, but have been unable to install it receiving an error massage:
> "Fatal: Can not find unit <package_name> used by Lazarus. Check if package <package_name> is in the dependencies."
>

> The package file is the same one successfully installed on 1.0.6 on Xubuntu 13.04. So the problem seems strange for me.
> How can I inform Lazarus path of the package?

If you quoted correctly, then the IDE already knows the package,
because it knows that an unit with the name <package_name> is in the
package named <package_name>.

Check if you can rebuild the IDE without this package.
If that succeeds then either the package has a bug or you have some old
files on your disk, which need to be deleted before building.
Have you tried a clean build? Tools / Configure Build Lazarus / Clean
All?

Mattias