[Lazarus] porting delphi project code

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Sat Jun 1 21:26:25 CEST 2013

On 6/1/2013 15:13, Juha Manninen wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 2:47 AM, waldo kitty<wkitty42 at windstream.net>  wrote:
>> either i've found another bug or there is another file in the directory i
>> need to remove/rename :?
>
> There are bugs yes. I fixed a regression for include filenames
> handling. Now it does not throw an exception on LngTools unit.

hummm... i don't recall that one specifically... i've not gone thru the code too
much yet... i didn't plan to until the conversion was successful...

> It still throws an exception for Jedi units. They have strange syntax
> in their (include and other) files. Codetools cannot currently handle
> it.
> Please try to get rid of Jedi if you plan to have a cross-platform port.

i'll have to dig to see where that is even used... i still don't know what it
even does but i haven't had time to research it either...

> I did another change. Conversion is done in 2 phases, first analyzing
> and converting unit files, then converting form files and replacing /
> adding / removing used units in unit files.
> With an exception during the 1. phase, the whole conversion was screwed.
> Now the 2. phase is done for all units that were converted so far.

ahhh :)  i think that might be a better route to go...

> Please test.

i shall O:)