[Lazarus] New compiler options page "Additions and Overrides"

patspiper patspiper at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 09:05:14 CEST 2013

On 07/06/13 00:48, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The page in the "Project options / Compiler options / IDE Macro Values"
> was replaced with a more powerful page "Additions and Overrides".
>
> Things that you can do now, which were not possible before:
> - Append compiler options to packages without touching the lpk.
> - Changing the output directory of packages without touching the lpk.
> - Define IDE macros only for some packages or only for the project.
> - Append compiler options for all projects with build mode "debug".
> - Change the package(s) output directory of all projects and packages with build
>    mode "release".
> - Append compiler options of third party projects and packages without altering their sources.
>
> See here for details and screenshots:
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/IDE_Window:_Compiler_Options#Additions_and_Overrides
Nice work!

I have build modes defined as default for new projects. Would this
interfere with this update?

On the other hand, it seems that some options apply to all build modes
irrespective of their enabled status. With Linux and Win32 build modes
defined, compiling an empty project for Linux uses the following options:

  -MObjFPC -Scghi -O1 -Tlinux -g -gl -vewnhi -Filib/i386-linux
-Fu/home/me/Programs/lazarus/lazarus-svn/lcl/units/i386-linux/win32
-Fu/home/me/Programs/lazarus/lazarus-svn/lcl/units/i386-linux
-Fu/home/me/Programs/lazarus/lazarus-svn/components/lazutils/lib/i386-linux
-Fu/home/me/Programs/lazarus/lazarus-svn/packager/units/i386-linux -Fu.
-FUlib/i386-linux/ -l -dLCL -dLCLwin32

and fails:
win32/win32wsdialogs.pp(32,3) Fatal: Can't find unit Windows used by
Win32WSDialogs

Inherited for LCL:
unit path =
/home/supra/Programs/lazarus/lazarus-svn/lcl/units/i386-linux/win32
custom options = -dLCL -dLCLwin32
LCLWidgetType = win32

Inherited for LCLBase, LazUtils, and FCL do not show win32 related stuff.

Stephano