[Lazarus] Unicode branch

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Jun 12 14:33:46 CEST 2013

On 06/12/2013 02:18 PM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> It is bad practice to rely in code on the defines defined by the
> compiler.
Of course I do know this (and many more similar portability-paradigms).
But my colleagues do coding only with Delphi (and thus Windows) in mind.
I can't help this. But now "suddenly" (since some 5 years) the company
wishes to support Linux.

I do research on that but I can't force them to to modify their hundred
thousands of code lines on that behalf (_Again_ after they needed to do
this because of the move of Delphi to Unicode). If it's to difficult
they will just say the move towards Linux is impossible.

> In each case, FPC will not define the same defines as Delphi.

Of course not, but there are instances like this that are rather obvious
and limited, thus supposedly doable.

-Michael