[Lazarus] Unicode branch

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 26 13:58:28 CEST 2013

Am 26.06.2013 09:08, schrieb Michael Schnell:
> On 06/25/2013 03:14 PM, Sven Barth wrote:
>> Yes, it will merely be an empty method then.
> If this really works and does not break anything, I wonder why this
> has not been implemented since long...
There can be problems where the reference counting mechanism is misled.
Similar to the problems that appear with reference counted interfaces.

Another problem could be circular references especially in legacy code
where object A needs object B and vice versa and none does an explicit
"OtherObject := Nil".

Regards,
Sven

PS: You CC'ed me again, which is why my message was sent to you only...