[Lazarus] Unicode branch

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Thu Jun 27 11:19:36 CEST 2013

On 2013-06-26 16:59, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> I don't see any relationship to COM here. Java has managed objects, C++
> has, .NET has, so why not OPL too?

I wasn't referring to COM explicitly. But having objects being freed
when the developer didn't expect it (because that was not the behaviour
before), is what is going to cause troubles. When you work with
reference counted Interfaces you know what to expect and coded
accordingly [eg: by putting checks in place, knowing how to pass
interfaces with/without incrementing/decrementing reference counts etc.].

Regards,
  - Graeme -