[Lazarus] Contributions by Cyrax and better SVN commit info

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Jun 27 15:23:58 CEST 2013

> Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de> hat am 27. Juni 2013 um 14:57 geschrieben:
>

> On 27/06/2013 12:52, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> >

> >> Vincent Snijders <vincent.snijders at gmail.com> hat am 27. Juni 2013 um 13:30
> >> geschrieben:
> >>

> >> 2013/6/27 Juha Manninen <juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
> >> <mailto:juha.manninen62 at gmail.com> >
> >> Cool!

> > Some years ago I did that, but then we had to change the license and there
> > were
> > some strange "copyright" laws in Germany and other countries.
> > Basically, if you add a svn comment that a patch was from a person, you
> > grant
> > that person the right to veto all license issues and the right to withdraw
> > his
> > patch. Some countries have a "fair use" clause that allows to ignore rights
> > for
> > small patches.
> > Germany does not have a "fair use" clause, in fact, German has no word for
> > "fair".
> > So it is no problem to add a name to the contributors list, but it can be a
> > problem to name someone for a specific patch.
> >

> Are you sure this is based on the name being in the commit message?
>
> I know laws like this exist, but I thought it applies to all contributed
> code, never mind, if the contribution is documented in some form or
> not. Besides if patches come via mantis, then there also is documentation.

True. It still makes it simpler to change single files or directories.

> This is way many projects ask contributes to sign some form of agreement.

Yes, but when we change the license we have to ask to sign everyone again.

I don't make want to make a big fuss about it. I just pointed out, that the
American way to name contributors has a different law effect in other countries.
And since there were some ridiculous cases in Germany, I chose the safe way.

I can add the contributors again, if you want.

Mattias