[Lazarus] Doubts about target platform selection

"Arí Ricardo Ody" aro52 at gmx.com
Thu Mar 14 22:25:43 CET 2013

I've used Lazarus 0.9.30 for 2 years to compile e execute a WinCE arm application. I been used the Project|Project Options|Code generation to control the target platform destination for generate the executable program.

In the next week I installed Lazarus 1.0.6. I pretend to migrate my old 0.9.30 project to this new Lazarus/FPC version.

After some noise mr. Antonio Fortuny show me that I must select Project|Project options|Compiler options|Build Mode and in the IDE Macro values select LCLWidgetType in Macroname and wince in macro value. My project compiles and ran successfully.

I have some doubts that I would like to solved.

1. How is the configuration for use Lazarus to generate Win32 applications? In what dialogs I must do alterations and for which values?
2. In this case how I select between WinCE and Win32 applications?
3. Which is now the function of Code Generation dialog and how I use it in the new version of Lazarus?
4. Which is the relationship between build mode and Code generation?

Thanks in advance

Greetings from São Paulo - Brazil

Ricardo