[Lazarus] Doubts about target platform selection

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Mar 14 22:42:43 CET 2013

On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 22:25:43 +0100
"ArĂ­ Ricardo Ody" <aro52 at gmx.com> wrote:

> I've used Lazarus 0.9.30 for 2 years to compile e execute a WinCE arm application. I been used the Project|Project Options|Code generation to control the target platform destination for generate the executable program.
>
> In the next week I installed Lazarus 1.0.6. I pretend to migrate my old 0.9.30 project to this new Lazarus/FPC version.
>
> After some noise mr. Antonio Fortuny show me that I must select Project|Project options|Compiler options|Build Mode and in the IDE Macro values select LCLWidgetType in Macroname and wince in macro value. My project compiles and ran successfully.

When you set the "Target OS" to "wince" the LCLWidgetType default is
"wince". Normally it is enough to install the wince flavor of fpc and change in Lazarus the "Target OS".

> I have some doubts that I would like to solved.
>
> 1. How is the configuration for use Lazarus to generate Win32 applications? In what dialogs I must do alterations and for which values?

If you installed the Win32 Lazarus IDE, then the default is to create
Win32 applications. Simply remove the "LCLWidgetType" macro override
from your project options.

> 2. In this case how I select between WinCE and Win32 applications?

You can create two build modes. One with the Target OS "wince" and
one with Target OS empty or "win32". Then you can quickly switch
between both modes.

> 3. Which is now the function of Code Generation dialog and how I use it in the new version of Lazarus?

The "Code Generation / Target Platform" function has not changed.

> 4. Which is the relationship between build mode and Code generation?

Each build mode has its own set of compiler options, which
includes the code generation settings.

Mattias