[Lazarus] Opening a file with spaces in the filename (again)

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 19:26:32 CET 2013

On 3/5/13, Reinier Olislagers <reinierolislagers at gmail.com> wrote:

> It was blocked due to the patch not being Win9x compatible. AFAIK, after
> a long discussion (I think on this ML) it has since been decided that
> whoever is interested in maintaining Win9x compatibility should do so
> himself and not require others to adapt patches.

I can easily patch OpenURL to enclose the URL in double quotes for NT only.
Problem is: are we sure it wil not break OpenUrl('file://some file.html')
(Note the file:// URI scheme there)
It seems to work for my Win7 setup, but it should be tested on more systems.

And should this be done for WinCE also? I cannot test that at all.

> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/opendocument

I took the liberty to slightly alter the text.

Bart