[Lazarus] Free-pascal question

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Mar 8 09:38:51 CET 2013

On 03/07/2013 02:20 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> All it takes is a bit of practice with the installation.

I just tried unsuccessfully (but of course not hard enough) to get
cross-compiling for ARM going. (Result: unspecific error messages from
"make crossinstall": when doing it as a normal user: "timeout", when
doing it as root: "memory overflow". This happens when the cross
compiler tries to create the RTL (already with the first file: system,.pp)

OTOH the crosscompiler created by "make crossinstall" before, does seem
to work: it issues  a correct command line message and it can compile a
workable "writeln ('hello world');" .

The problem might be, that I tried it on Debian 64 bit with a 64 bit
version of fpc to compile the crosscompiler. So I suppose the cross
compiler is a 64 bit program.

Andy from the German forum could build this cross compiler and RTL on a
32 bit Debian.

-Michael