[Lazarus] Cross compiler

Antonio Fortuny a.fortuny at sitasoftware.lu
Mon May 27 14:51:04 CEST 2013

Well, it isn't straightforward and I will abandon the idea until I find
a real full step-by-step method to install and a run a cross-compilation
Lazarus system.
I'm not a compiler developper so make it to run is anything but easy. I
don't care if the procedure needs a lot of operations on a command line
console and to have a step by step installation guide would be greatly
appreciated. This is what I write down for my users (support people in
general).
The only combination wich works is the one Win32/WinCE: two install
programs which run immediately out of the box: great !

 From now on, I'll live with my previous problem in Win32 trying to find
a workaround which apparently does not seems obvious.
Because I develop for Win32, Win64, WinCE (win32 based) and Linux
x86_64, to have one signle development platform would be a charm. I
think this is still a dream and there is a long way.
If anyone of the Lazarus/FPC developpers finds or sets up a
straightforward procedure I can find some time to test it. I have as
many VMs to test almost any combination.
For the time being I can run onto:
- Win32 Vista
- Win64 MS server 2003 R2 X86_64
- Linux OpenSuse 12.2 x86_64,