[Lazarus] Cross compiler

Paul Breneman list2010 at BrenemanLabs.com
Mon May 27 18:45:00 CEST 2013

Antonio Fortuny wrote:
> Well, it isn't straightforward and I will abandon the idea until I find
> a real full step-by-step method to install and a run a cross-compilation
> Lazarus system.
> I'm not a compiler developper so make it to run is anything but easy. I
> don't care if the procedure needs a lot of operations on a command line
> console and to have a step by step installation guide would be greatly
> appreciated. This is what I write down for my users (support people in
> general).
> The only combination wich works is the one Win32/WinCE: two install
> programs which run immediately out of the box: great !
>
>  From now on, I'll live with my previous problem in Win32 trying to find
> a workaround which apparently does not seems obvious.
> Because I develop for Win32, Win64, WinCE (win32 based) and Linux
> x86_64, to have one signle development platform would be a charm. I
> think this is still a dream and there is a long way.
> If anyone of the Lazarus/FPC developpers finds or sets up a
> straightforward procedure I can find some time to test it. I have as
> many VMs to test almost any combination.
> For the time being I can run onto:
> - Win32 Vista
> - Win64 MS server 2003 R2 X86_64
> - Linux OpenSuse 12.2 x86_64,
> - WinCE (execute only)

I agree with you about the need to make things easier!

The WinCE stuff needs to be updated but other than that I think this
might cover what you want (but with fpGUI instead of Lazarus):
   http://www.turbocontrol.com/easyfpgui.htm

Similar new Synapse (simple) terminal program:
   http://www.ctrlterm.com/

For easy Lazarus you might consider Code Typhon:
   http://www.pilotlogic.com/

Paul Breneman
www.TurboControl.com - Hardware and software development services
- Educational programming project for environment monitoring
- Information on using FreePascal for embedded systems