[Lazarus] LazReport feature request

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Thu Nov 21 13:09:35 CET 2013

When you invoke the ShowReport or ShowPreparedReport methods of a
TfrReport, you get a preview of the report, with a "Save Report" button.

Save Report will open a file dialog, which defaults to the user home
directory, and an empty Filename.

Dealing with inexperienced users, I would need to set the DefaultDir and
Filename of the file dialog to something meaningful by the application
point of view.

Is that already possible, setting some TfrReport properties I've been
unable to find, or it would be necessary to patch LazReport by providing
additional public properties, or providing overloaded versions of
ShowReport and ShowPreparedReport, with additional parameters?

Thanks for any hint.

Giuliano