[Lazarus] LazReport feature request

Jesus Reyes jesusrmx at yahoo.com.mx
Fri Nov 22 02:33:09 CET 2013

El Jueves, 21 de noviembre, 2013 6:10:55, Giuliano Colla <giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it> escribió:

>Dealing with inexperienced users, I would need to set the DefaultDir and
>Filename of the file dialog to something meaningful by the application
>point of view.
>
>Is that already possible, setting some TfrReport properties I've been
>unable to find, or it would be necessary to patch LazReport by providing
>additional public properties, or providing overloaded versions of
>ShowReport and ShowPreparedReport, with additional parameters?
>
>Thanks for any hint.
>
>Giuliano

You can use the Report.ExportFileName field for selecting the default file name the dialog will use on exporting. In addition, passing a filename with extension will make an initial selection of export filter.

Setting the initial directory was not implemented, is now in r43471, the file path extracted from the FileName is used.

Jesus Reyes A.