[Lazarus] Help: OS X Problems

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 18:48:19 CET 2013

Dmitry,

I am not too familiar with Mac development. yes I can use the open command
to run my apps just fine.

The problem is when I've created an app using fpc/lcl/lazarus and I try to
run it by typing "./myprogram" in a terminal my application form appears,
but controls and entire window is disabled. i cannot even resize the
window. The same thing occurs if I double click the app in finder.

In fact, the only way to get a non disabled program (again builf from
fpc/lcl/azarus) window on my Mac running it to type "open -a myprogram" in
a terminal. That or run the program from the IDE with the IDE debugger
options set to "none".

As soon as I add the "gdb" debugger and set the host application to
"/path/to/my/myprogram.app/Contents/MacOS/myprogram", running the app
behaves exactly like I described when run from a terminal like
"./myprgram". That is, the entire window is disabled. Curiously I can still
debug, for example if I put a timer on my form and set a breakpoint in the
timer event, lazarus will trigger the breakpoint each time the timer
expires, but the window is still disabled.