[Lazarus] Help: OS X Problems

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 05:00:04 CET 2013

My gosh, that's it! The symlink in the MacOS folder was messing up ggdb.
Also, I rebuilt everything with -gw. I changed the Project Options | Paths
| Target Filename to:

$NameOnly($(ProjFile)).app/Contents/MacOS/$NameOnly($(ProjFile))

Which evaluates to:

worker.app/Contents/MacOS/worker

I can now debug properly. I ran a few tests and for the most part
everything was clean, but a few times I got an 'oops' debugger dialog when
closing my program:

The GDB command:
"-file-exec-and-symbols "
did not return any result.

The GDB process is no longer running.

Is there a better option to get rid of the symlink other than setting the
target file name like I did? Could someone default the IDE to place the
actual exe in app bundles on the mac rather than placing a symlink there
instead?

I'm writing an exhaustive fpc+lazarus Mac setup guide and I'll be sure to
credit you guys. Thanks for the help!