[Lazarus] Noobie - Interface problem in Windows

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sun Nov 17 11:51:53 CET 2013

David Taylor wrote:
> On 16/11/2013 23:22, Martin wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am a bit of a noobie to Lazarus and I have been designing an app with
>> Lazarus running under Linux. It all seemed to be going well. Tonight I
>> booted into Windows and decided to quickly compile the app to see what
>> it looked like and there is a problem with a blue background that I
>> don't get compiling under Linux.
>>
>> See these screenshots as an example:
>>
>> Running under Windows 7, Lazarus 1.0.12 fpc 2.6.2
>> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3940444/laz_windows%201.0.12%20fpc%202.6.2.png
>>

>> Running under Linux (LMDE), Lazarus 1.0.10 fpc 2.6.2 gtk
>> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3940444/laz_linux%201.0.10%20fpc%202.6.2.png

> FWIW, I /prefer/ the blue background!  It may be worth checking on
> Windows themes support (I'm new to Lazarus as well).

..although it's clearly wrong, since it's abutting assymetrically
against the rule in the "Notice Type" box.

Martin: if you're a nood then I definitely am, but what have you done
there: positioned the components with explicit "Top" and "Left"
properties, or twiddled with the BorderSpacing? I'd have normally used
panels behind with appropriate alignment, or possibly adjustable splitters.

Is the blue one of the predefined Windows thematic colours, e.g. clWindow?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk