[Lazarus] IDE problems

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Nov 26 00:58:48 CET 2013

On 25/11/2013 23:26, brian wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Something has spontaneously gone wrong with the IDE on my setup. I say
> spontaneously because I was in the middle of debugging a program when
> suddenly everything but the source window disappeared. I eventually
> had to abort Lazarus and re-start the program, but now I see some very
> strange behaviour :-
>
> 1) Pull-down menus stay pulled down, even when I've selected an entry.

This does not sound like a config issue to me.

However, I have seen some Linux, or maybe some of the Destops/Window
managers getting in trouble, if gdb pauses an application in the wrong
moment. e.g. in a paint event, or other events (mouse, kbd).

In that case you may have to restart your  desktop session, potentially
the entire system.