[Lazarus] The future of desktop

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Nov 29 10:28:28 CET 2013

On 11/28/2013 04:39 PM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> These days it is very easy to make a very responsive web gui.
"Responsiveness" (the program reacts to user input) is not the problem I
meant to describe but the ability of the program to issue "state"
messages spontaneously.

This is hampered by the missing symmetry of the http protocol: The
client needs to poll for such "reverse" messages.

This can partly be improved by techniques like "comet" that leave a http
protocol open in a somewhat "non-standard" way. But AFAIK, this does
result in certain problems.

I don't know how the QNAP box works on that behalf. But in fact it looks
like doing a great job.

-Michael