[Lazarus] The future of desktop

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Nov 29 12:22:13 CET 2013

On 11/29/2013 11:55 AM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> That goes back to some of the earliest Netscape versions, IIRC it was
> originally used to update images periodically. While attractive, this
> sort of thing can turn into a nightmare if the browser on an end
> user's system leaks memory until an entire page (i.e. not just part of
> the DOM describing the page) is forcibly reloaded- BTDT.

Do we still need to take into account that a browser is that limited ?
Browser technology has advanced a lot during the passed few years.

As HTML5 is a strong recommendation for "active" web page programming I
find it hard to believe that spontaneous server-initiated messages is
not cared for in any decent way with modern servers and browsers.

-Michael