[Lazarus] can't compile newest svn version

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Fri Sep 20 16:09:55 CEST 2013

On 2013-09-20 14:36, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> What error did you get exactly?

The directory selected is not a lazarus [or lcl - can't remember]
directory. I knew it was, so I ignored the error and clicked the 'Start
IDE' button.

ps #1:
I did a checkout from the Git mirror repository. Maybe the startup
wizard checks for SubVersion specific files?

ps #2:
I'm not referring to the version change message, where it mentions using
the --pcp parameter. I knew that was going to happen, so before I
started the IDE, I made a copy of my lazarus profile directory and setup
the desktop shortcut to reference the new (trunk) profile directory.
When the popup message appeared, I could safely say "upgrade the
profile", and my original v1.0.8 setup would be untouched.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/