[Lazarus] https support; call for testers

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Apr 11 15:00:15 CEST 2014

Hello,

I've just committed support for SSL in the ssockets unit of FPC.
I also made the OpenSSL unit more thread-safe.

One consequence of this is that the fphttpclient unit now has support
for the https:// protocol.

I have tested on windows and unix, the support for client-side SSL support works.
Server-side support (as could be done in the embedded httpserver) is not yet tested.

I would like to invite people to test and report if they find problems or missing
features.

That this support is released around the same time as the heartbleed leak issue,
is entirely coincidental and definitely not intended.

Michael.