[Lazarus] Large toolbar buttons

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Apr 7 21:04:08 CEST 2014

On Mon, 07 Apr 2014 19:43:24 +0200
Vojtěch Čihák <vojtech.cihak at atlas.cz> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thinking about it, if now someone wants display Caption, he must:
> -set ToolBar.ShowCaptions to True
> -set ToolButton.ShowCaption to True

ToolButton.ShowCaption is True by default, so you don't need to set it.

> -set some Caption
>
> Isn't it to much?

You only need to set ShowCaptions and Captions.

> Isn't assigning any Caption enough? I thought it is because of Delphi
 compatibility but looking to their docs:
 http://docs.embarcadero.com/products/rad_studio/delphiAndcpp2009/HelpUpdate2/EN/html/delphivclwin32/!!MEMBERTYPE_Properties_ComCtrls_TToolButton.html
> seems that Delphi has no ToolBar.ShowCaption, so it is Lazarus invention.
> Is there any reason for this property? If no, I suggest to mark it as "deprecated".

The idea is that some button captions can be hidden.

Mattias