[Lazarus] Cannot find -lpthread

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Fri Aug 22 14:34:02 CEST 2014

On 08/21/2014 05:22 PM, "Leonardo M. Ramé" wrote:
> /usr/bin/ld: aviso: link.res contiene secciones de salida. ¿Olvidó -T?
> /usr/bin/ld: no se puede encontrar -lpthread
> /usr/bin/ld: no se puede encontrar -ldl
> /usr/bin/ld: no se puede encontrar -lc
> fpmake.pp(44,1) Error: Error while linking
>
> Does anyone know which package I'm missing? I've installed
> build-essential and libpthread-stubs0, but it still cannot find
> pthread...

It can not even find libc. On my system (Fedora) that means that I have
to install glibc-devel.

But did you try to build fpc without threading in fpmake?

make clean all OPT=-dNO_THREADING

Or without using TPocess:

make clean all NO_UNIT_PROCESS=1

Or without TProcess and the unit zipper:

make clean all NO_UNIT_PROCESS=1 NO_UNIT_ZIPPER=1

You still need libc and pthreads though to compile Lazarus...

Joost.