[Lazarus] (no subject)

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sun Feb 23 21:05:35 CET 2014

Hi,

When you press shift-ctrl-c to add a new method or function, the ide also corrects casing or other 'small'
discrepancies between interface and implementation.

While in principle, I am very much a fan of this feature, it is very annoying when you edit
older sources in a versioned file: all of a sudden a huge diff is created which hides the
'real' change between all kinds of cosmetic diffs.

For example, I added a function to the fpcunit unit of FPC. I declared the function, pressed
CTRL-shift-C so the IDE would complete it, and add 1 line of code. The result is a 60-line diff
with 5 lines of real changes, and +/- 55 lines of bogus "changes" (mostly casing, sometimes whitespace).

stuff like (see if you spot the difference, sometimes it's real hard):

-class procedure TAssert.AssertTrue(const AMessage: String; ACondition: Boolean);
+
+class procedure TAssert.AssertTrue(const AMessage: string; ACondition: boolean);

Is there by any chance a way to disable this behaviour ?

Michael.