[Lazarus] Threads and Libraries (dll and so)

Lukasz Sokol el.es.cr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 16:26:44 CET 2014

[...]
> I would be very interested to see experiments proving that this will
> make an actual difference in human operator efficiency.

I know this is completely different ballpark, but, why do you think,
3d games are all in pursuit of FPS ? And some (older ones but not just - case Starcraft (II))
 being capable to /rendrer/ (not display!) 100-s of frames per second on todays' hardware,
even though 60FPS would be enough for anybody's eyes?
And why gamers won't buy a mouse that at least doesn't try to communicate to computer at 1000Hz ?

Answer is what MML said: it's about precision - if you are able to calculate
objects' coordinates more precisely than your brain can perceive them,
you'll get absolute smoothness of any movement.

So far, I think, not many can actually achieve that though. Even your plain old 2d interface however
sexed up it may be...

> If something is that time critical, I would not leave it to a human
> operator to begin with :)

:) tell this to Starcraft players ;)

> Michael.

-L ;)