[Lazarus] Problem running EditorMacroScript on ARM was: Problem building for SPARC/Linux, and a couple of minor IDE wishlist items

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Feb 18 15:34:17 CET 2014

On 18/02/2014 12:01, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
> On 12/02/2014 17:50, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>> I find that trunk+2.71 won't build as bigide, since PascalScript has no
>> sparc.inc and it attempts to build for x86. I've raided this as
>> http://mantis.freepascal.org/view.php?id=25709 and suggest that for the
>> moment PscalScript is excluded for that processor. It's OK on PPC, I've
>> not checked others.
> Just tested on ARM (ARMHF, with FPC trunk), Laz trunk. Noticed Martin's
> fix that still allows compilation on ARM.
> Compiling the IDE went ok.
> Starting it showed an error dialog:
> The package EditorMacroScript (pascalscript macros) has detected a
> problem and was deactivated.
> The package failed its selftest with the message "Failed getstr2 [Expr:
> "456" / Got: "abc"]".
>
> I wonder whether disabling the package on ARM CPUs as well as other non
> x86/x64 CPUs would be a good solution?

Again IMHO 2 issues.

1) Sparc:
there is nothing there yet, so yes, an IFDEF in EditorMacroScript would
be in order to avoid registration at all.

In fact I wonder why it does not happen. There already is:

{$if defined(cpupowerpc)}
   {$ifNdef darwin}  {$DEFINE PasScriptNotAvail } {$ifend}
   {$ifNdef cpu32}  {$DEFINE PasScriptNotAvail } {$ifend}
{$ifend}
{$if defined(cpusparc) }  {$DEFINE PasScriptNotAvail } {$ifend}

const
   EMSSupported = {$IFDEF PasScriptNotAvail} False {$ELSE} True {$ENDIF} ;

- ppc only on 32 bit darwin
- no sparc

2)ARM:
pascal script has some support, it may be fixable, but I can not test...