[Lazarus] Problem running EditorMacroScript on ARM was: Problem building for SPARC/Linux, and a couple of minor IDE wishlist items

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 13:01:53 CET 2014

On 12/02/2014 17:50, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> I find that trunk+2.71 won't build as bigide, since PascalScript has no
> sparc.inc and it attempts to build for x86. I've raided this as
> http://mantis.freepascal.org/view.php?id=25709 and suggest that for the
> moment PscalScript is excluded for that processor. It's OK on PPC, I've
> not checked others.

Just tested on ARM (ARMHF, with FPC trunk), Laz trunk. Noticed Martin's
fix that still allows compilation on ARM.
Compiling the IDE went ok.
Starting it showed an error dialog:
The package EditorMacroScript (pascalscript macros) has detected a
problem and was deactivated.
The package failed its selftest with the message "Failed getstr2 [Expr:
"456" / Got: "abc"]".

I wonder whether disabling the package on ARM CPUs as well as other non
x86/x64 CPUs would be a good solution?