[Lazarus] Is there a separate mailing list for Lazarus developers?

Lukasz Sokol el.es.cr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 10:12:24 CET 2014

On 06/01/14 22:33, Juha Manninen wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 7:17 PM, Lukasz Sokol <el.es.cr at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

> I think it all works well together with mailing lists and forum.
OK I agree;

> Only PR is almost missing. Linux kernel and other major commercially
> backed projects get much more publicity.
And here...

> Any mailing lists don't help with PR though.

...well here I disagree - go see [briefly] https://lwn.net - (one of) their editors (semi)regularly
posts interesting topics dug out on lkml. That's 1000s% more press coverage than I've ever seen on FPC/Laz.
PR gain is obvious here.

I volunteer(ed) to at least fwd the press releases of FPC/Lazarus to LWN, as they have not just
kernel topics in there, AFAICU they cover F(L)OSS in general. I perceive this as least-i-can-do
- even if it doesn't land on main page (yet).

And while there probably exists net-mag(s) for Pascal topics, I don't think we should limit ourselves
to announcing just there.

> Juha

-L.