[Lazarus] Is there a separate mailing list for Lazarus developers?

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 23:33:45 CET 2014

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 7:17 PM, Lukasz Sokol <el.es.cr at gmail.com> wrote:
> But even stable review patches are being posted there publicly, and s-o-b requested.
> Because that's minimum the developers are ever required/expected to read, of all things.
> I understand this happens on devel list(s) in FPC/Laz too.

Ok, I didn't know the details of their review system. It is organized
differently.
Our bug-tracker is used for reviewing patches. The SVN repository is
used for reviewing and testing other commits.
There is no formal way to review anything in the developer mailing
list. Instead many people follow and test the SVN commits which is
kind of a way to communicate the changes.
I think it all works well together with mailing lists and forum.
Only PR is almost missing. Linux kernel and other major commercially
backed projects get much more publicity.
Any mailing lists don't help with PR though.

> /I/ understand your reaction, sorry for my choice of words, I did not mean to offend anybody, really.

Don't worry. I write in a provocative way sometimes, can't help it. :)

Juha